Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finding German Germans

In the end, I found some more stereotypical Germans. But hey, they're not considered normal!

It was in the immigration office. When the officer, whom we'll call Mrs. Whoknows, asked my passport, she made me almost feel guilty, even if I had one! She behaved like an army general. The words she said were not that bad - it was just the tone! And my Chinese friend tell me she's the kindest in that office.
Then, there was the office for public health insurance, and that was finally what I expected. Hey, they did care about my situation, phoned other office, and provided a perfectly working solution. OK, they didn't speak a lot of English, but enough to get the job done. But it seems that I'll find this kind of people just in offices :-|.

No comments: